Thursday, November 22, 2012

Trolley Dolly Reveal



Here she is folks.  The Trolley Dolly makeover is complete and if I do say so I'm rather pleased with the result.  Her new paint finish is Murobond "2 Peas" a colour from the range designed by the interior stylist and alround creative guy Mr Jason Grant



I'm a romantic at heart and choosing paint colours for my little (and not so little) furniture finds is an exercise in indulging those romantic tendencies...hence a quick trip to Bunnings and choosing from the Dulux (or other brand) paint display isn't enough for me.  No I'm attracted to paints that tell a story and Murobond ticks all the boxes for me.

The store is a sensory delight and the range of colours on offer makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

In the case of this colour I chose to pick up the colours in the fabric of the pinboard above the desk.  They are calming colours and the blues and greens at the top of the board are my favourite tones.  So "2 Peas" was a winner!

 
This shot is of the top of the board that sits just above my laptop screen.  The two little items are a daily reminder that I need to stay strong and not let the nasty voices in my head beat me down.
 
Anyway, back to the Trolley Dolly....
 
 
Look there's no getting around it, the Trolley Dolly is not destined for a glamorous life.  She holds a rather unattractive printer for goodness sake!  Her minty green/blue surface is crying out for an arrangement of pretty stationery...that will be a job for another day.
 
You can also spy my cord organizer in the shot below....a repurposed hanging rack usually destined to hold spices on the inside of a pantry door.
 
 
These photos are reminding me that sanding and restaining our floors needs to be high on our list of jobs for 2013!!!

 
So there you have it.  Another painting project is behind me.  I really enjoyed this one and hope you like her too.
 
Have a great weekend!
 

2 comments:

  1. The colour reminds me of a gorgeous vespa..... of a lady with a scarf in her hair and big Jackie O sunglasses tripping the light fantastic. This trolly Dolly has potential. Maybe she'll be used to house the printer for a bit but l recon she'll be rolling around serving up some lovely retro cocktails in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been busy- its looking great and the colours great

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!