Thursday, October 11, 2012

The LadyShed Update

Each time a blog post appears in my reader that has anything remotely to do with improving your blog or managing your blog I cringe.
 
I'm pretty sure that if there was a prize for the most disorganized, sporadic and unfocused blogger I'd win it hands down!
 
What I've realized is that I no longer care about new people finding my blog.  Hence I don't link to it on Twitter where I love to lurk, or Facebook where I don't ever mention KATcapers.
 
KATcapers is currently just the place my family and some friends go to keep abreast of what's happening in my world.  Fortunately there are also some followers who visit:) 
 
So.....whilst I may be the tardiest blogger this side of the Tropic of Capricorn I don't want to leave you all hanging forever on the topic of the LadyShed!!!!!
 
As you can see, she's coming along well although I've captured her midway through applying her make-up! Foundation is applied but her eyeliner is yet to be completed in the photo below:)
 
 
Screen in front of her will be relocated...still hate the sliding door but hey, it's a small price to pay!
 
Our lovely lady now has some outdoor lights, interior downlights, ceiling fan and assorted powerpoints.  This involved Saint Mike digging a trench from the house to the shed (approximately seven metres) that needed to be 600mm deep.  Like the trooper he is, he just set to and got it done so the electrician could lay the conduit.

Photo taken before second coat of foundation applied...so ignore the coloring outside the lines!
 
The exterior lights controlled from the house as well as inside the Lady Shed to add to her user friendliness.
 
Interior prior to the window reveal being put in place...another learning curve for SM
 
We have chosen to paint her in the same colours as the house - Dulux Calfskin for the cement sheeting and Dulux Natural White for the trim.  The roofing is Colourbond Woodland Grey.
 
 
We recently delivered a thank you present to our neighbor PK who has provided such invaluable support and mentoring for Saint Mike in the construction of the LadyShed.  He's a keen cyclist so a voucher for his bike store seemed appropriate. 
 
To thank his wife for being tolerant of his repeated absences on the other side of the neighborly divide (as well as the times she made lunch for the boys when I was a bit incapacitated due to kids/arm/taxi driving duties) we also got them a voucher for a lovely cafe/restaurant down at the beach for them to enjoy a well deserved meal together:)
 
More photos will be coming as we get the floor sorted and start fitting her out...but these should satisfy your curiousity for now.
 
In case "anonymous" is reading - Jason Moran anecdote is definitely on it's way!!!!
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lib, I'm pleased to see you here when time permits. The LadyShed is looking sensational. Can't wait for the final shots. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she's looking good! lighting and everything. More make-up than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SOOOO lucky! Looking awesome! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the Lady Shed's makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the lady shed's make up....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the lady shed's makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, now a lady shed.. I would love me one of those.

    hey you may blog sporadicly.. I get time to read sporadicly so we are gold togetherx

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!