Sunday, January 8, 2012

Daring doings and audacious acts


This quote from pinterest immediately resonated with me. 

The urgency with which I attempt to quash the panic that rises up like a volcano when I'm in a situation that's out of my comfort zone.  Call this imposter syndrome.  Call it whatever you want.  It is overwhelming and has stood in my way on many occasions.


My objective in 2012 is to challenge myself to be more than I think I can be.  To do this, I'm going to need to be daring.



It will take daring to keep my weight-loss moving in the right direction.  I will need to keep challenging the voice in my head that says I haven't got what it takes.  I will need to accept that the voice will never go away, but I can adjust the volume control!

I will be daring myself to try new things in 2012.  I would like to jump out of a plane.  I would like to learn how to paddle-board.  One of these seems inordinately less confronting that the other....will be interesting to see which one is achieved first!!!!!

It will take daring to make my new status as a freelance copywriter bear fruit.  This will come as a surprise to you guys as I haven't blogged about it (naughty of me...keeping secrets!!!).  

I resigned from my permanent part-time gig as of the end of the school year and intent to pick up contract work from my old employer and hopefully new clients in 2012!!!! 

Why did I do this?  Because my status as permanent part-time just wasn't working for me - I hated not having a choice with respect to when I had to work and where I had to work....and it took daring on my part to be willing to look the permanent part-time 'gift horse' in the mouth and resign. 

So there you go, 2012 will be an interesting year to say the least!!

Sorry if this post is a bit choppy...Santa bought me an iPad for Christmas and I'm still getting the hang of blogger on the darned thing....but I suppose this is another chance to be daring...in the face of technology :)


 

 

2 comments:

  1. That voice has been doing my head in this last week or so too...like the volume control idea! Good move with the work front :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freelance, huh? I wish I had the guts!!! x

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!