Odd what sleeping in a different bed, showering in different water and consuming way too much food that has been 'off' the list for a few months can do to one's thought processes.
For approximately 48hours last week I was seriously attempting to talk Saint Mike (via telephone of course) into acquiring a 9 bedroom motel in a central Victorian town.
Can I say this reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy loudly before you all smack me metaphorically over the head:
Anyhoo, reality set in at about the 24hour mark but it took at least another 24 hours before I completely came to my senses and realized that:
a. we couldn't afford it
b. we really couldn't afford it
c. my sanity and the sanity of SM (which hangs by even more of a thread than mine does) couldn't afford it!!
I think it was the drive through the verdant lushness that is the South Coast of New South Wales that lulled me into a 'treechangy' sort of mood.
Although, to be honest I really don't know....perhaps SM's mid life crisis (he freely admits he's having one in a very 'contained' and inwardly focused way) that is rubbing off on me.
Back to reality - two weeks before school starts again..in that time we will be:
- Spending the rest of the week catching up with family and friends and generally mooching around my mum's house
- Drive 10 hours straight back to Sydney with SM helpfully sharing the load (he's flying down to Melbourne so he can drive back with us). The down-side as far as the KATs are concerned is that daddy is a meanie and doesn't do stop-overs so there will be no motel shenanigans for us on the trip home (boo hoo!!)
- Unpack....no more words required :)
- Acquire a puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes there will be more words on this one next week.......at the moment all I can say is Oh.My.God!!!!!
- Do the back to school shopping (repeat O.M.G.!!!!!)
- Wean myself off chocalate teddy bear biscuits :))