Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Making My Day


Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference.

About a year ago I bought a lovely WHITE Triwa watch from one of my favourite Scandinavian inspired stores...I'm a bit of a sucker for anything from this place I have to say!

I loved wearing my white watch despite its impracticability (not sure if that's a word?).  I loved it so much I wore at least 5 days a week for months on end.  My white watch had only one flaw...it was made of plastic and my watch band kept developing little hairline cracks and breaking. 

I happily took it off to the Mister Minit for repair and it wasn't until the fourth time that it occurred to me "hand on a second, this watch wasn't cheap...perhaps I should be alerting my favourite store to the issue and getting them to do something about it".

Which is how I found myself standing in front of a shop assistant (at the aforementioned Scandi type store) a couple of weeks back explaining my predicament.  Sadly, I was subjected to the "look" that spoke volumes (in my mind) and the words which were actually said out loud suggesting that it was HOW I'd been wearing it that was the problem!

To my credit, I stood my ground and made her agree to send it back to the manufacturer to see what they'd say.  I was quite clear that I wasn't looking for a new watch...just for someone other than me to pay to have it fixed again!!!

I didn't hear anything for a few weeks and then the other night had a call from the manufacturers Australian distributor.  I can't tell you how impressed I was (and am) with this lady.  She was apologetic once she understood how much 'trouble' the watch had caused me and offered without hesitation to replace it altogether with a MORE EXPENSIVE model (pictured above). 

Well, to say she made my day is an understatement...if I could use social media effectively (and had enough people listening to what I said) I would be tweeting and doing whatever other noises are required to give the fantastic Triwa distributor a huge shout of thanks.  Unfortunately all I have is this blog that no one reads and my Facebook page...so I'm giving Triwa a shout out in those modest places!

If you're in hunt of a fashionable (and colorful) watch check out the ones on offer from Triwa...they deserve your business!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!