Having thrown myself into the abyss that is a little girls 'pony-club fantasy' we have emerged relatively unscathed from the 3 day extravaganza.
Highlights of the week would have to include:
- All clothes that were purchased (in my moment of weakness) have made it home
- Requests (a polite way of describing nagging) for us to purchase a horse have been minimal! Perhaps my look of abject horror the first time this was posed on the drive home from Day 1 may be to blame for this...quite unusual really as they don't give up that easily as a general rule.
- The ease of the drive which had seemed quite daunting to me initially but as a working mum, the drop off and pick up across town was remarkably stress-free (love Sydney traffic on school holidays...all self respecting people are on VACATION!!!!)
- Oldest KAT managed to ingratiate herself with the stable hands....she is now a dab hand at tacking and feeding horses. Now I just need to work out something with the riding school to ensure there's a bit of quid pro quo....ie a significant discount for them using my daughter as unpaid labour!!!!
- The pleasant surprise of deciding to spend the 3rd day shopping in suburbs I never get to as they're on the other side of the city....I decided to do make-up time next week and instead of working spent 90minutes walking around Centennial Park and then shopped up a storm for stuff for our kitchen reno which still needed a few details to be complete...happy mummy!!