Monday, September 19, 2011

Inversely Proportional


I'm on Day 4 of Week 2 of my Healthy Living "challenge". 

I've lost 2.4 kilos which could in fact be 24 kilos based on how great my body feels when I'm putting clothes on...isn't it amazing what the departure of Miss Puffy Face and Mr Bloated Belly do to your sense of well-being...I feel like one of those skinny chicks on the ads for Irritable Bowel Syndrome!

On the downside, my throat feels like I'm swallowing razor blades and my tonsils are giving a good impression of golf balls.  Cue the immune system shouting out VERY loudly that some of the voting parts of my body are not yet onboard with the grand transformation.

I've been popping enough (odorless) fish oil capsules that I won't be surprised if I sprout a fin and I'm now also trying to have some Vitamin C...as long as it's sugarless I can have it (picture me standing in the health food aisle at the supermarket with a befuddled brain trying to decipher the food labels on all the bottles of Vitamin C....yes, quite comic).

Mark (I should clarify - he's not FROM the Biggest Loser but I'm sure he could give them a red hot go) has run me through my paces and I am amazed at how a seemingly amiable man can be so ruthless in the face of my pain.  Unfortunately, his sessions have totally wrecked me for the rest of the day which has left me VERY short-tempered with the KATs and as SM is overseas we are struggling on as best we can

The house resembles a 'frat house' from an American sitcom as I have quickly realized that doing this challenge and trying to retain my high standards of domestic goddessness were incompatible if my children were to have some semblence of a functioning mother.  Thank goodness the cleaner comes tomorrow!!!!

I have concluded therefore that my motivation and desire to succeed in shedding a large amount of kilos and getting into fighting physical form is inversely proportional to the amount of pain and discomfort that I am putting myself through.....perhaps that's the reason why I've been unsuccessful at previous attempts in the last few years? 

You need to REALLY be willing to go that extra mile in all senses in order to see results.  It truly is short term pain for long term gain. 

Now if I could only have the energy to bend over and pick up the crap accumulating on my lounge room floor I'll really feel like a winner!

Image from here

3 comments:

  1. Yay, i'll think about a big T Rex on my tail tonight at my Spin class. I just ask the children to fold the washing or threaten i will be fat forever, so i'm off to the gym. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lib, I am cracking up over here. And it began with your picture.

    Then your way with words. Oh my, you just make me giggle. So proud of your efforts. I just need to remember how much my gym session hurt this morning, before putting that sugary sweet fattening thing in my mouth. Somehow I think I deserve it.

    I really need to put that right. I'm on the last 5kgs. And I'm determined... (imaginging gian Rex chasing me).

    Thanks for the giggle and your awesomeness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one made me laugh. If it's any consolation I also have taken up the baton after 6 months off bringing up baby! I think my body feels exactly the way yours does though...am having great deal of difficulty cleaning house with groaning everything! Not sure I can be bothered. Bubs is only 7 months...at least that is my excuse.

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!